Very often we think that the way that we are is the way that we are always going to be. We don’t have clarity on what we want for our future, or the confidence and self-belief to take the necessary actions to achieve our dreams or make the impact that we want to make.
It is easy to lose sight of what we want to achieve or what we think may be possible for us to achieve, and as a result we settle for what we know, for what feels comfortable, or we make choices that others expect us to make. This keeps us in our comfort zone which often feels safe and secure but limits our potential to grow or move towards what we really want to accomplish. It prohibits us from putting ourselves forward to try new things or learn new skills that help to build confidence or provide new or different opportunities. Self doubt and a fear of failure can seem like compelling reasons not do anything different but ultimately do not serve us well and feed into frustration and disempowerment.
As our thoughts drive our actions, and our actions drive our habits and behaviours, unless we find ways to challenge them – reframe them and retrain them – we will find ourselves in the unenviable position of watching others thrive whilst we remain stuck.
Settling for a life where we feel that we are not fulfilling our potential can be very frustrating, especially when comparing ourselves to others who seem to be living a more successful and fulfilling existence. Whilst we berate ourselves for not progressing, at the same time we can be unsure of how and what to pursue!
- Do you feel that you are not achieving your full potential?
- Do you want to stretch yourself to grow and achieve more?
- Do you want to make a bigger impact than you do now?
- Are you struggling with prioritising & planning a way forward?
- Do you feel that others are seizing opportunities whilst you feel left behind?
- Have recent challenges led you to re-evaluate & redefine your purpose or priorities?
- Do you feel that you are not making the most of opportunities that come your way?
- Do you have an unclear vision of where you want to be in your future?
- Is your “inner voice” placing doubt on your ability to achieve your desired goals?
- Does “Imposter Syndrome” cause you anxiety or panic?
- Are you stuck in procrastination for fear of failure?
- Do you know that you need to make a change to move forward but are not quite sure on the “how to”?
A coach will provide a collaborative, solution focused and results orientated process to help and guide you to achieve your goals and empower you to make the choices you want to make. A coach will also help you to create a plan of action and hold you accountable for taking the required steps to deliver on it and avoid lapsing back into the comfort zone.
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation” (Audre Lorde, American writer).
If you recognise any of the above, then Coaching could be a great option for you.