Very often we think that the way that we are is the way that we are always going to be. We don’t have clarity on what we want for our future, or the confidence and self-belief to take the necessary actions to achieve our dreams or make the impact that we want to make.
It is easy to lose sight of what we want to achieve or what we think may be possible for us to achieve, and as a result we settle for what we know, for what feels comfortable, or we make choices that others expect us to make. This keeps us in our comfort zone which often feels safe and secure but limits our potential to grow or move towards what we really want to accomplish. It prohibits us from putting ourselves forward to try new things or learn new skills that help to build confidence or provide new or different opportunities. Self-doubt and a fear of failure can seem like compelling reasons not to do anything different but ultimately do not serve us well and feed into frustration and disempowerment.
As our thoughts drive our actions, and our actions drive our habits and behaviours, unless we find ways to challenge them – reframe them and retrain them – we will find ourselves in the unenviable position of watching others thrive whilst we remain stuck.
Settling for a life where we feel that we are not fulfilling our potential can be very frustrating, especially when comparing ourselves to others who seem to be living a more successful and fulfilling existence. Whilst we berate ourselves for not progressing, at the same time we can be unsure of how and what to pursue!
- Do you feel that you are not achieving your full potential?
- Do you want to stretch yourself to grow and achieve more?
- Do you want to make a bigger impact than you do now?
- Are you struggling with prioritising & planning a way forward?
- Do you feel that others are seizing opportunities whilst you feel left behind?
- Have recent challenges led you to re-evaluate & redefine your purpose or priorities?
- Do you feel that you are not making the most of opportunities that come your way?
- Do you have an unclear vision of where you want to be in your future?
- Is your “inner voice” placing doubt on your ability to achieve your desired goals?
- Does “Imposter Syndrome” cause you anxiety or panic?
- Are you stuck in procrastination for fear of failure?
- Do you know that you need to make a change to move forward but are not quite sure on the “how to”?
A coach will provide a collaborative, solution focused and results orientated process to help and guide you to achieve your goals and empower you to make the choices you want to make. A coach will also help you to create a plan of action and hold you accountable for taking the required steps to deliver on it and avoid lapsing back into the comfort zone.
How can Coaching help you?
If you are saying yes to any (or all!) of the above, then coaching can certainly help by
- Assessing your personal needs and helping you to gain clarity on your desired outcome.
- Finding your version of success & happiness that is right for you, and is aligned with your values and vision.
- Providing a non-judgemental, confidential space for you to explore what has held you back and why.
- Helping you to create a plan, prioritising what is important to you and helping you to achieve your goal.
- Retraining your thoughts, beliefs and behaviours to replace those that have limited you to date.
- Offering authentic and honest feedback in a way that those closest to you may not be able to do.
- Tracking progress to help you reach your goals, and holding you accountable to deliver your results.
If you feel that we can help, get in touch for a free personal assessment call so we can discuss next steps.